Monday, June 19, 2017

War

In the desert a bush is aflame.
We try to put it out, but glory prevails.
The Bush speaks out, it says to fight thine enemy,
Kill those that don’t follow the Lord, Our Savior.
The Bush tells us to take up arms against the
Moslem infidels that take us contra arms up.
That burning Bush, lets irony prevail.
The burning Bush sent me to this desert to burn.

Terror ensues, as the two great towers of religion
Collapse, killing thousands in the ash.
One of the towers fell first, but no one’s sure which one.
Buddhists watch in terror as the heathens that are left
In dust, and rubble begin to light the world aflame.
Neither cross nor crescent can survive this war.

I’ve survived two tours and now it’s time for a third.
My country in ruins, I walk around the streets and gaze
Upon what used to be. The two towers are gone.
A small memorial remains in their place.

My God has tested my faith so;
I have seen hell on earth, and I’m not ready to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment