Monday, June 19, 2017

The Road Less Traveled By

I walk this lonely road of lies.
I follow the twists and turns
I wallow in the filth but then try to rise.

Weary of the climb, I cannot discern
The main path from the tortuous trails.
I look back at the the paths, scars and burns.

I look at all the lies, and to grace I hail,
Hoping for a change, working for a change.
But in my heart I know I will fail.

I come to a bridge, tattered, creaking with single drops of rain
It cannot bear the burden of another
It looks at its mistakes and loses its brain.

I think of my girlfriend, my parents, my brother,
Pelted by raindrops? Nay pelted by hail!
Unable to endure, she gives the flood sweet surrender.

She loved me but knew not that my sails
Took me on the path I am on.
The broken road, the weeping trails.

My tears come as I look upon
The crossroads, fearing tragedy.
My choice to pick a path has come.

I cannot take either of the two paths before me,
The road less traveled by is no better than the one everyone takes.
The lies have left me no other choice, I finally see.


I must turn around, and face the lies that I’ve made.

No comments:

Post a Comment