Monday, June 19, 2017

Flawless

The world tells you that nobody’s perfect, and looks down on you when you say that you are good at something.
Be humble it says.
If you do something great don’t get excited.
They say that you can’t talk about how great you are.
Yet, after the world breaks you, beats you a thousand times,
That is the one thing I need.
I would say that I’m flawless because all my flaws are what makes me who I am,
But those flaws are what the world has told me is bad about me.
I’m tired of letting others dictate my thoughts.
I AM PERFECT.
Let me have that.
Everyone deserves one day where they can feel that way, where the world seems to bow at their feet.
I DESERVE THAT.
With all of the shit you have put me through world let me have that.

People call me a genius, and I agree.
I’m a fucking genius.
But I can’t enjoy anything good about me because being proud of yourself is a flaw.
If you think that you are great at something, you are just a conceited jerk.
I’m proud of my grades, but if I tell other people I’m an ignorant jerk.
I work hard.
I never give up, even at the things I’m not so great at.
Yet, there’s this euphoria when I finally do something right,
Those that are perfect at it the first time will never understand.
When hard work pays off and I can think to myself, I did it.
I did something to show the world that I’m good at something, I’m special.
Yet, even in that moment, if I told them how perfect I felt, they would throw me into a chasm,
To show me that jumping high shouldn’t put me on my high horse, because I’ll never jump high enough to get out of this.
But I don’t get high. I stay high above those in my high school that do drugs.
And yes I sound conceited, yes I sound like a jerk.
But if talking about the good things I’ve done makes me sound that way,
I care not about the world that thinks so.

I am perfect.
I AM PERFECT.
I’ve had to fight so hard to feel this way.
I’m on top of a mountain, but I still have to fight the world, miles below.
Because no matter how perfect, how flawless, I feel.
They try to pull me back down.
Back down to that chasm,
Right back into my failures, my flaws.
But I can’t stop fighting.
I think of my accomplishments,
And try to forget my mistakes.
I AM PERFECT.
I AM PERFECT.
I am perfect.

Please let me stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment