Monday, June 19, 2017

America

I walk through the courtyard thinking of the $100 I want to spend.
I was gonna buy a plane ticket to see my dying grandmother.
“I can just take it from my winnings” I think, but then I realize:
that isn't how the economy works.
I buy, I spend & I get paid. I can’t just reallocate earned money and say I didn't pay a cent.
Especially  if I've offered more money than I can afford gambling that I can make a difference.
Presidential Candidates gain popularity by being racist,
There is a mass shooting every other week,
The same people that advocate for freedom of religion want to ban Muslims,
People can't afford to take time off from work to be with their family,
And I’m just another dumb millennial that will never pay off his debt.

Man, America is a fucked up place.

No comments:

Post a Comment