Friday, September 5, 2014

Bread

Bread
"A loaf of bread, and a hat", I said
Are the only things I've ever had.
One is to keep me full and fed
And the other just caps my head.
The rich, they told me, "soon you'll be dead,
A man can't survive with no job and no bed.
You need a career, a life, a wife, and a roof over your head"
So then I decided they were right, one night,
That a man with nothing to bite, just might
Go seek out a different life, no strife,
And finally be an apple ripe, no pipe.
I begin my passion
I learn the fashion
Trends and all else that happens
I pack in, clothes and books, to my sack and
Then I learn to educate myself and begin to be flapping.
My wings spread wide,
From my passion no one hides,
Because they can't, I'm too driven, too strong to ever give in.
Nothing will stop me nothing's in my way,
And my hard work has paid off, my loans are the same.
I made it to the top, in my industries I'm the head,
But I always look back to when I was almost dead.
The days when I had no roof, just a cap up on my head.
And the days when the only food I had was bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment