Friday, September 5, 2014

Beautiful Day

A Beautiful Day
by Matthew D. Ciaramitaro


Look at your hands, your thumbs, your feet.
Feel the contour of flesh, the texture of meat.
It is magnificent to think of how I am me.
There is no one alike, we all are unique.


Feel the roughness of hair, the shape of your bones.
Touch the lobes of your ears. Hear the beautiful tones
Of a scream, a song, a speech a moan.
Any sound is beautiful, from symphony to stone.


The perfect imperfections on your body are beautiful.
Each tells a tale that could never be dull.
The tales fill a bucket that will never be full,
But the incompleteness of the stories are what makes life feel whole


The smell of a rose, the taste of a drink,
We take for granted these things, but I hope it will sink
Into your mind just to stop and think
How lucky you are to be able to blink.


The fact that you exist is a miracle of the world.
Appreciate your life before it's unfurled.


I walk through the woods
A soul
Alone


I think of the woulds
The coulds
The won'ts


I soon hear a sound
Its bright
But faint


But then there's a round
I jump
I faint


I'm covered in it
It's red
It's paint?


My head has been hit?
It hurts
The pain.


I see its face though
The noise
Maker


It's vile and gross
With lips
That curl


I run but I can't
My legs
Won't move


I feel that I shan't
Live on
To prove


My purpose was real
Not false
Or wrong


But now I can feel
Purpose
Is gone


Still so much to do
No dreams
Fulfilled


With nothing to prove
I would
Prove still


I cry to the world
"Not now!
Too soon!"


Its lips are still curled
Eyes dark,
Cold stone


Malice in its heart
Its soul
Its mind


It goes through my heart
My soul
My mind


The knife takes away
All that
Was mine


The future looked bright
But now
I'm blind


I think of the woulds
The coulds
The won'ts


I walk through the woods
A soul
Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment